Monday 23 January 2017

BACIB part 8: Did I jinx it?

Hey everyone,
How have you all been? It’s been long since I wrote a BACIB, I know.  Today I wanted to share something that really made me think and happy at the same time! Recently a lot of things have been going well for me.. I have been doing quite well in school, in church I’ve been asked to sing in the worship team multiple times, the choir has been doing well, everyone is healthy, the page views of the blog have been increasing, it feels like everything has been going well for me. I can’t complain at all.. Still if I say everything has been going well, won’t I jinx it? I don’t know.. I had a feeling that if I’d say everything is well: that my next report card will be bad or that the next performance won’t go well and I’ll forget lines or that I won’t be asked to sing again,... Is that really how life goes though? Is it really that if life goes well and you start to become happy, that there will be something that will come and ruin it all?
Yes it is true, or shall I say that’s what I used to think and that is what used to happen to me all the time, lol. Whenever I would be happy about something or feel confident, after a few weeks things would go downhill.. But honestly is that how the rest of my life is going to be? Are the bad things that come after the good things really because I was too happy? Should I really be careful when I get happy? Should I start thinking twice before I get excited?
Of course not. Honestly when things are going well in life, enjoy them. When bad things come after that, it isn’t because you enjoyed the good things. There is nothing like “jinxing” your good luck or happiness. I thought my exams went well this time and I came out of almost every exam saying it went well and people would ask me: “aren’t you jinxing it, I said no and I was right.. My report card came out and my grades were okay, so I was quite satisfied.. It’s not the grades I was aiming for, but hey at least I didn’t fail, right?
Sometimes It’s good to have faith in what you’re doing and in who you are. God didn’t just put you here with no plan and His promises weren’t just words.. He meant what he said..
Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Thanks to God’s promise we can achieve everything we want. Thanks to Him we have strength and can do all things..
Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

And when something good happens, be happy and praise Him for the blessing instead of talking about luck..
Exodus 23:25
Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.

🎶  Song of today 🎶
There is power in the name of Jesus,
there is power in the name of Jesus,
to break every chain, 
break every chain, 
break every chain..


God bless you all,
~Musa 

No comments:

Post a Comment